Becoming an excellent transportation group is the mission and vision of Yang Ming. The definition of Excellence is not just to create quality shipping services to meet customer needs or economic values for shareholders, but also take the key topics of stakeholders’concern into consideration, so as to facilitate the sustainable development of the society and the environment on the planet.
- Strengthening corporate governance and integrity management
- Provision of excellent shipping services to fulfill the commitment of customer service
- Energy saving and emissions reduction to achieve environmental sustainability
- Employee care and talent cultivation
- Improvement of social engagement to exercise the philosophy of taking from society and giving back to society
Short-term Sustainability Goals
- Continue to participate in the Taiwan Enterprise Sustainability Award.
- Optimize the Chinese and English versions of the Corporate ESG website.
- Implement policies for diverse board members.
- Maintain the rights and interests of shareholders and enhance information transparency.
- Hold at least one investor conference per quarter.
- Answer the DJSI questionnaire and continue to complete TCFD and CDP climate change questionnaires.
- Execute internal control system optimization projects.
- Develop two quantification models, namely a long-term corporate cash management model and a proper risk-adjusted internal rate of return.
- Conduct audits based on project type and perform internal audits at overseas locations.
- Have the contract management system go live.
- Strengthen employees’ awareness of legal compliance and risk control as well as ethical operation management mechanisms.
- Create case studies on internal punishment and communicate the case studies once a year.
- Ingrain ethical management in employees through relevant education and training every year, achieve the target participation rate of 93% and the target pass rate of 93% with 0.5 course hours, and offer education and training in English to employees at overseas locations and onboard employees.
- Propagate the Group’s whistleblowing channels and whistleblower protection measures.
- Join the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN).
- Introduce the ISO37001 anti-bribery management system certification.
- Communicate the importance of legal compliance every quarter and organize at least 3 education and training sessions in the year.
- Create a mechanism for the avoidance of conflicts of interest in the Group.
- Encourage employees to obtain international internal audit certificates or CPA licenses. We expect to have one employee that will acquire a CPA license in 2023.
- Promote the Procurement Portal and enhance the functions of the portal.
- Optimize the sustainable management mechanism for suppliers on an ongoing basis, conduct a sustainability risk assessment for tier 1 key suppliers and implement due diligence and evaluation systems to deepen engagement.
- Carry out written reviews for over 50 tier 1 key suppliers and on-site reviews for 5 tier 1 key suppliers.
- Require suppliers identified as having high risk to make improvements, follow-ups, and replacements.
- Increase the Company to top 5% of the corporate governance evaluation.
- Enhance ethical operation management mechanisms and improve information transparency and awareness.
- Have auditors obtain professional licenses.
- Continue to optimize the sustainable management mechanism for suppliers.
- Maintain zero violations of bribery laws or property losses due to corruption involvement in lawsuits.